Thursday, September 15, 2011

I had Stormy and Cutter to the vet yesterday. Stormy now weighs 44 lbs, and Cutter has lost two pounds and is down to 114. I think that he looks better, but he has really slowed down. I have paid for herding lessons for the rest of the month, but am not going today, as JoAnna is getting ready for the trail this weekend, and I know that she will be busy. Will finish out the month, and then stay home for the winter. Do you have Gale on a rope when she is out herding? I know that Stormy needs a rope, as he is busy eating poop or else running after the sheep. He is a busy busy puppy, and so cute after his hair cut. His ears aren't laying flat anymore. Had him micro-chipped yesterday - the only time he yelped. He got more shots also, and not a sound out of him.

Thank you for letting me get him, he keeps me busy.

I've had Gale out with the cattle doing little chores but not the sheep.

I'll have her on a line when we start sheep - - probably when we get back from this trip to Alaska I'll take her over to Phyllis's and put her in the round pen first to keep things from getting out of hand. (I took down my round pen this year) I have the school sheep back here at my place now so they'll be excellent for getting her started. The cattle leave after our Oct 14 trial.


Hopefully your vet is done giving him shots -- Gale has had her two and a rabies and that's it. We're concerned about over vaccination and immunosuppression in dogs more now than in the past.