Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blade Update!


I just wanted to send a couple of pictures to let you see Blade; he is doing great. Housetraining is coming along fine and his crate training is not even an issue. I leave the door open when he's loose and alot of times he just goes in on his own to lay down. I did get him a new crate, which is quite a bit bigger than was suggested, but he has never soiled in it and it gives him more room to stretch out. His sit is great-did you teach him that? And he has learned the word check(to look at my face) very fast. He also is getting very good at the wait command. When I feed those are the three things I teach them: sit, check and to wait until I say okay. He is very food motivated so it was quite easy to teach him. We are doing leash training and going for short walks but most of his training right now consists of house rules, which he has picked up fairly fast.
Thanks again for such a great puppy

Thank you for the nice note! We did do some work on focus; getting the puppies to look up at my face after which they got a reward ~ and often they would sit. But no, I didn't really teach any sit exercises. Solo is also very food motivated which makes training fun and, in many ways, easy.