Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hi from Wisconsin!
We are having rain this morning, it has actually been a wet couple of weeks and the crops are growing well unlike in western Minnesota and eastern Wisconsin where the drought seems to continue unabated.
I wanted to check in to see how your pup is coming along ~ Gail (or Gale or Gael, it seems to change!) is great, she goes in to the vet today to have her thyroid and heart OFA certified, this after training this morning.  I have sent in entries for September herding trials, she will only be in the beginning levels of course but we're getting her trial career started ~ she will work sheep.  I am also toying with the idea of entering her in the August obedience trials for the Beginner Novice exercises.  She can do them fine and it is a good opportunity to start getting her used to a trial environment.  She is a big, rough looking Bouvier - not so tall, about 24.5" and weighs 68# but with very big bones.  And teeth.  She has been a dog slow to mature mentally and emotionally so I'm happy to see that she's finally coming together.  I had my doubts for a while this winter!
She's probably the most destructive dog I"ve ever owned when it come to the jolly balls!  Even Solo doesn't just rip them apart like she does! 
And she's fearless ~ absolutely nothing fazes her.  Having said that, she does not like to be wrong and is easy to train once she understands what is being asked of her.  She's fairly active, not hyperactive but 'active' although she has excellent house manners thank goodness.  I keep her coat all cut off but it looks to me as though she doesn't have as much undercoat as some Bouviers which is great because it makes life easy for me but it isn't really a correct coat.
I'd love to hear how your youngster is coming along and as always, a picture would be terrific!